Our new century needs and is shaped by extraordinary individuals.Meeting the challenges and opportunities of an interdependent world require versatile intellectual competence and uncompromising commitment. Those who thrive in and contribute to this world will have a solid sense of who they are, and respect for who others are, as individuals, as members of a group, as citizens of their nation, and as members of a global community. They will have a rigorous academic preparation and a passion to become the best they can be and to help others achieve their best.
The mission of Birlik International School is to develop such individuals and exactly committed to do so. Birlik International School will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin, age, religion, gender preference or disability in the administration of its educational policies, admission, scholarship, athletic and other school-administered programs.
WIS practices a full non-discriminatory policy in all school-administered programs.
We will all try to do our best to fulfill the mission of the school and live the school’s values. The things we believe are fundamentally important: the essential joy of learning and hope, sustained and nurtured in a diverse school community, united in its commitment to mutual respect and purposeful effort to set and achieve high standards. in the spirit of true partnership, all staff members of the school most notably the teachers who work directly with your child share responsibility with you for your child’s success.
Willow international school’s main objective is to provide a quality international education in English for children of all nationalities living in Maputo who can benefit from its programs.
- We also feel strongly that Mozambican children should be given the opportunity to grow up and learn alongside their expatriate peers. The school’s aims are to develop and foster in its students: The personal qualities of honesty, integrity and respect for truth;
- A lifelong love of learning in order to support the development of full social and academic potential;
- Respect for people of a variety of cultural and racial backgrounds and of various religious and political orientations;
- A lasting commitment to international co-operation and an understanding of the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations;
- Skill and pride in developing communicative competence in languages other than the mother tongue;
- An appreciation of Mozambican’s culture and its contribution to the heritage of the civilized world;
- Care and concern for those less fortunate than themselves;
- The determination to achieve the highest possible standards in all that they do.
PHILOSOPHY OF THE SCHOOL
We are committed to a child-centered curriculum that addresses the needs of international students and makes easy their transfer to other international and national schools.
Our curriculum strives to incorporate the experiences, culture and perspectives of our students.
We consider the all-round development of the individual and encourage curiosity, reflection, and questioning.
We foster an understanding of human values, confidence, and responsibility to society. We aim for academic quality, with the understanding that all children have different abilities, skills and interests, which if developed and nurtured, will enable them to become mature, self-sufficient and productive members of their communities.
We consider our valuable students to be assets in our school. Students, staff and parents meet each other with respect, acceptance and friendship.